Early Intervention Services
DDRC provides Early Intervention services in Jefferson, Clear Creek, Gilpin and Summit Counties in Colorado. Early Intervention services are for infants, toddlers, and families. These services are designed to promote development and learning. Early Intervention also helps families support a child's well-being.
- Families are the most important resource that can be used to enhance a child's development.
- Early intervention services are designed to promote development and enhance the capacity of families to support their child's well-being.
- Services need to happen in a child's natural environment, and within their daily routines and activities.
- A critical window for development is during the first three years of a child's life. Therefore, the earlier the services are provided in a child's life, the greater the impact these services and supports can have.
Getting Started with Early Intervention
- Call DDRC at 303.462.6671. The intake person can answer your questions and provide you with next steps as appropriate.
- If appropriate your child will be evaluated by a child find assessment team, to determine whether he/she meets eligibility criteria for early intervention services.
- If your child is found to be eligible for Early Intervention Colorado/Part C services, a DDRC service coordinator will assist you through the process of writing an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) and start the services, as outlined in the plan.
- For more information on what you can expect during this process you can visit the Early Intervention Colorado website or call your service coordinator.