Warm Water Therapy
Warm water therapy helps individuals with potentially limiting conditions improve mobility, increase strength, gain confidence and independence while contributing to a healthier mind and body. Warm water therapy is a wonderful means of exercise without adding any additional stress to joints and muscles.
Benefits of Warm Water Therapy
- Water provides an environment which reduces body weight by 90% when standing in shoulder depth water.
- Warm water also reduces spasticity and relaxes muscles allowing individuals to move with greater mobility and with less pain.
- Warm water increases joint and muscle strength and flexibility.
- Water is 12 times more viscous than air therefore provides greater resistance to movement when compared to land. The result is that the muscles involved receive a more comprehensive workout.
- Warm water feels good and promotes relaxation, increases respiration, circulation, balance, strength, coordination and endurance.
The DDRC Warm Water Therapy Pool
The DDRC Warm Water Therapy Pool is located at 12665 W. 52ND Ave. in Arvada, Colorado (Get Directions). People of all ages and abilities are welcome to visit us and experience the benefits of warm water therapy. Here are some quick facts about our pool:
- Water temperature 92 degrees
- Depth 0-4 feet 6 inches
- Ramp with safety rail
- Hydraulic lift for non-ambulatory
- Water wheelchair
- Reasonable rates
- Trained and certified staff provided during all swimming sessions
- Mineral Sanitizing System
- Open to the general public for therapeutic opportunities